Wednesday, August 8, 2007

walk #3 notes

Having been away for a few weeks, our third walk on Sunday, 19th August had to be one I knew well as there has been limited time for preparation.

So, subject to interest, I decided to offer a walk on the South Coast between Waitpinga Beach and Kings Head Beach adjacent to Victor Harbor. I love this walk.

I put some feelers out during the Kuitpo-Mylor walk and as interest seemed high thought I would run with it. The walk, which extends the one Chris and I did on the June long week-end, follows the Heysen Trial from the Waitpinga Beach car park inland to the Waitpinga camping ground, through the native scrub of Newland Head Conservation Park and along the cliff top all the way to Kings Head Beach. The views are to die for! I hope it will be a calm, sunny day so that everyone can see it at its absolute best.

Now that you've come this far, if you are interested in enjoying the pursuits of a fellow hiker who is well on his way to completing the Heysen Trail with The Friends by mid 2008, check out his blog - Jez-Heysen

No comments: