Wednesday, July 4, 2007

planning walk #2


I promised everyone a walk on fairly flat terrain, so 'flat' I need to deliver!

A walk between Kuipto Forest and Mylor would fit the criteria but I needed to work out a good starting point because when I estimated the distance on the map it seemed quite long.

To get a gauge of the distance involved and the time it would take, I organised myself to do a bit of a scout around on Sunday, 1 July measuring a road section of the walk and then tackling a section through Jupiter Creek and the forest where I could take Maggie. In her usual style, Maggie alerted me to this little fellow in the trees, completely unperturbed by the fuss being made below!
We ventured on an soon discovered that part of the walk was through a logged area of the forest which is pretty unforgettable! I think I've devised a detour that will shorten the overall distance and add a bit more variety. It will be a good walk, long but good.

I nearly have it all sorted, just a couple of other small things to check, so I'll send out an email to everyone early next week - Rocky Creek Hut to Mylor. Has a certain ring to it!

No comments: